It takes a talented, committed and hard-working team to make a company successful. TCM hires the very best people, and in return we foster an environment where our employees can learn and grow in their career.
TCM maintains an open and honest workplace, and our company depends on employees’ insights to improve processes and workflow. In short, we are proud of our work. This is reflected in every project, every product, and in every relationship. If you want to be part of a team where opportunities and challenges go hand-in-hand, then we want to hear from you.
Our Core Values
- We are one team.
- We do the right thing.
- We keep our commitments.
- We think ahead.
- We foster a rewarding place to work.
- We have fun.
- We keep a strong work ethic.
- We hold ourselves accountable.
- We are transparent.
- We make our client's job easier.
- We build things right.
- We are proud of our work.
Position Description Summary
The Estimator II prepares preliminary budgets, conceptual estimates and detail estimates generally for small to medium size projects with a focus in Piping Estimating.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities
- Analyzes drawings and uses applicable software to perform material take-offs for detailed estimates and provides unit cost pricing
- Performs basic red-lining of documents as needed
- Assists with developing project updates and bid package estimate documents’ comparison
- Tracks and adjusts quantities as needed.
- Resolves discrepancies
- Solicits subcontractor bids and partners with vendors to build relationships and obtain quotes
- Reviews Request for Proposals (RFPs), Basis of Design and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Presents information and responds to questions from internal departments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid analytical skills
- Solid ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
- Solid ability to read and understand specifications and drawings
- Solid knowledge of construction costs and principles
- Solid ability to perform mathematical calculations and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and prorations to practical situations
- Solid drafting skills
- Solid Excel and Word skills
- Solid knowledge of Quick Pen Auto Bid Mechanical and Sheet Metal Estimating software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred, or trade school or equivalent combination of technical training and or related experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Mechanical Construction estimating with a focus in Piping Estimating
- 10 years of relative industry experience
- Demonstrate loyalty to TCM, its management, and employees.
- Commitment to TCM’s Core Values.
- Actively participate in Lean implementation, policy development and training.
- Actively participate in open, honest, and effective communication, within all levels of TCM.
- Demonstrate forthrightness, with the ability to proceed straight ahead and be frank and candid with open and in-depth communication. – Speak freely.
- Deal with issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Demonstrate resiliency; quickly recover from adverse issues.
- Demonstrate and display honesty, integrity and personal accountability.
- Develop strong business relationships and hold direct reports and peers in our organization personally accountable for their duties and responsibilities.
- Accept change as a necessary process for successful execution of our projects.
- Always ask for help or assistance when needed.
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match(no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance – 100% Paid for Employee
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses
For more information on Southland Industries, please visit our web site: Southland Careers or on Facebook or LinkedIN or Twitter
To hear what our employees are saying about working at Southland Industries, check out our Career Video - Working at Southland
Southland Industries and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug test, background check and professional reference checks. **
**We are not able to offer sponsorship of employment at this time**
If you don’t feel this position is match for you, we encourage you to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your social networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to keep up to date on what we’re doing as a company.