PEOPLE FIRST: BUILDING TALENT BY DESIGN
At Southland we aspire to build a workforce that’s as diverse as the people who occupy the buildings we design, build and maintain. Building talent by design, is our intentional approach to creating a truly safe, collaborative and inclusive work environment that fosters growth, empowers professional achievement and where people are treated with respect at all levels.
If you’re someone with a true passion for our industry, a life-long learner, with high accountability and a drive for results we’re looking for you! At Southland, we hire problem solvers that are focused on providing customer value through continuous improvement and will take ownership to create the best experiences that will have an impact wider than their own job. We thrive on creating a strong company and culture where you’ll feel engaged, challenged and valued.
If you’re ready for the next big step in your career and want a career full of fun and excitement and to be a part of a fast-paced growing company, then JOIN our team and become a part of an organization that values PEOPLE, SAFETY, INNOVATION, COLLABORATION, INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY & SUSTAINABILITY.
Are you looking to build your career in construction safety and work for a people-first company? Do you want to work for a company where you can call home and not just have another "job"?. Come join us at Southland Industries as a Safety Coordinator II. In this role, you'll assist the Division Safety Program in enforcing and regulating all safety procedures to ensure that Southland Industries meets all safety requirements in the field by managing and coordinating all division safety activities.
What you’ll do:
- Tour and inspect smaller or larger complex job sites to ensure compliance with company, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations. You'll report concerns to safety management and ensure health and safety standards are met by coordinating, promoting and conducting various programs and activities related to the safety management system.
- You'll document safety inspections, cite dangerous areas/procedures and recommend corrective procedures. You'll provide recommendations for correcting non-compliance issues and ensure cited issues are corrected within designated time frame.
- You'll maintain all site required documentation related to safety issues, including accident reports, inspection reports and training logs, and review daily job hazard logs and take action as required.
- You'll provide emergency response to employees as needed.
- You'll prepare documentation for the investigation of accidents and injuries and submit data to regulatory agencies as required.
- You'll assist with the development of training materials and coordinate and facilitate employee training as necessary.
- You'll use your experience to train less-experienced safety employees as needed.
- We'll rely on your independent judgement and and your ability to make decisions with respect to day to day job duties and you'll consult with your manager on decisions that significantly impact the company.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A minimum of 4+ years working as a Safety professional in a construction environment, including training experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health or Environmental Applied Sciences is required or have related strong construction safety experience
- Have a CHST or ASP certification would be ideal and preferred
- CPR and First Aid certifications are required
- OSHA 10hr, OSHA 30hr, OSHA 40hr training required.
- OSHA 500, CHST or ASP certifications preferred required.
- Excellent working knowledge of health and safety management systems; OSHA CFR 1926 standards or the state construction safety regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer-service, people and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills-experience with Microsoft Office suite and ability to access OSHA information via the internet.
- Sound knowledge of safety operating processes and procedures.
- You'll travel more than 50% of the time
What you bring to the table:
- You love safety! It's something you're passionate about and so are we.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy being responsible for implementing safety programs and protocols within a construction environment.
- You take initiative. If you don't know something, you go find out.
- You have a collaborative spirit and enjoy being part of a larger team who works together and takes safety very seriously.
- You understand how to get the best out of people and what it takes to help people be safer in their construction work environment
- You enjoy training, coaching and mentoring less experienced safety personnel and helping them to become even better safety people.
- You have great people skills and can quickly build relationships with many different people. And, you have a knack for quickly building trust and communicating in a way that supports and partners with the field on safety.
- You have a desire to grow, learn and build a career path with an innovative construction company.
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match(no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance – 100% Paid for Employee
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Paid Parental Leave Benefits
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses
For more information on Southland Industries, please visit our web site: Southland Careers or on Facebook or LinkedIN or Twitter
To hear what our employees are saying about working at Southland Industries, check out our Career Video - Working at Southland
Southland Industries and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug test, background check and professional reference checks. **
**We are not able to offer sponsorship of employment at this time**
If you don’t feel this position is match for you, we encourage you to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your social networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to keep up to date on what we’re doing as a company.